“When you love somebody // and bite your tongue // all you get is a mouthful of blood” – Fruit Bats
Yep. It was only a matter of time. This week’s list consists of a few of my favorite songs on love.
Whether you’re currently in love, mourning love lost, or just doing your thing before love comes along, these songs are so hopelessly optimistic that you can’t help but feel a little happier as a result. And cause love is so fun/it’s too hard to narrow down all the wonderful love songs, there’s one extra for ya.
- When U Love Somebody – The Fruit Bats (buy here)
- Can’t Be Broken – Twin Forks (recorded version is best, but is not yet available on YouTube) (buy here)
- She Lit a Fire – Lord Huron
- Swept Away – The Avett Brothers
- Darling – The Cerny Brothers (unavailable on YouTube) (buy here)
- Loveable/Kind – Farewell Milwaukee
(each item is linked to their respective song on YouTube, for easy listening)